[Typo3-dev] singletons instead of pre-loaded objects

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Wed Aug 11 13:49:35 CEST 2004

Hi,

Karsten Dambekalns schrieb am 11.08.2004 um 09:55 Uhr CEST

> Hi,
>
> On 2004-08-11, Leendert Brouwer [Netcreators]
> <leendert at netcreators.nl> wrote:
> > Part of the job, I didn't choose to use it. I'm OO minded and I've
> > worked with many applications of which I thought the design could
> > have been improved significantly. In these cases, I try to give
> > constructive criticism. Again, I am by no means trying to attack
> > anyone. I'm just pointing out what I'm running into from an OO
> > perspective.
>
> I'm struggling myself when it comes to 'proper' or 'real' OO - I just
> don't get it sometimes. Patterns and stuff - fine, but what if I just
> need to output some data from a database? Really, this is where I
> often struggle...
>
> Since this is probably my fault - could you give some nice examples
> where the design of TYPO3 is bad, and how it could be improved? To me
> it looks quite OO, to be honest. Lots of classes, nicely encapsulating
> methods, fetching an instance my makeInstance(), ...

I am glad I am not alone. ;)

To be honest while I read a lot about OOSE, MDA, UML and all
related stuff I find most of it quite nicely. It is just hard to get in
the beginning: "What a Controller is an object, why is it not
implemented by some properties/methods of  the page itself?"

>From PHP's perspective and the history I think TYPO3 is pretty well
designed and _documented_, and if y'll gurus get together I bet there is
loads of improvements which are probably worthwhile to talk about. ;)

Maybe TYPO3 v. 5.x will then get some refactoring applied?

Cheers,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag