[Typo3-dev] singletons instead of pre-loaded objects

Karsten Dambekalns k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Wed Aug 11 11:55:50 CEST 2004

Hi,

On 2004-08-11, Leendert Brouwer [Netcreators] <leendert at netcreators.nl> wrote:
> Part of the job, I didn't choose to use it. I'm OO minded and I've worked
> with many applications of which I thought the design could have been
> improved significantly. In these cases, I try to give constructive
> criticism. Again, I am by no means trying to attack anyone. I'm just
> pointing out what I'm running into from an OO perspective.

I'm struggling myself when it comes to 'proper' or 'real' OO - I just
don't get it sometimes. Patterns and stuff - fine, but what if I just
need to output some data from a database? Really, this is where I
often struggle...

Since this is probably my fault - could you give some nice examples
where the design of TYPO3 is bad, and how it could be improved? To me
it looks quite OO, to be honest. Lots of classes, nicely encapsulating
methods, fetching an instance my makeInstance(), ...

Just because it doesn't use patterns, is it bad OO? Again: I'm
*really* interested in this, as I suspect 'proper' OO *is* better than
what I do most of the time (not talking about TYPO3 now).

Karsten