[Typo3-dev] http headers - no content-length!?

Tobias Grønlund tobias at edev.dk
Wed Aug 11 10:26:12 CEST 2004

Martin T. Kutschker wrote:
> Tobias Grønlund wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Trough php i was trying to extract the http header with the
>> content-length from my typo3 pages, but it seems that there is none...
>

> What's the problem with missing content length? It's optional for the
> HTTP protocol.
>
> Perhaps the behaviour varies with different HTTP servers. Some might
> buffer the script output and calculate the length some not, depending on
> settings, ...
>
> Masi

There's no exact problem with the missing "content-length", but TYPO3
with high standard features, should have this (atleast on the static
generated pages), as it would enhance the performance in browsers (not
much, but a little bit). Please look at http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2616
for more info on why using http headers...