[Typo3-dev] Pseudo XML in TemplaVoila

Martin T. Kutschker Martin-no5pam-Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Tue Aug 10 22:43:49 CEST 2004

Jan Roehrich wrote:
> @Kasper and Robert:
> First of all I have to praise you for building TemplaVoila. I built my
> first template just a few days ago.
>
> But there are some facts I can't understand:
>
> 1. Why are you using such a strange kind of markup language in you
> DS-Objects. That's all but not XML. Some tags' names are user defined (the
> title you supplied for the mapping element).
> Example:
> <el type="array"><menu_lv1 type="array"><tx_templavoila type="array"> is
> not XML
>
> <el type="array" title="menu_lv1"><tx_templavoila type="array"> would be
> XML.

What do yo mean by this?

I understand that you want a DTD or a schmema to validate against, but
whether you like it or not it's well-formed, so it's XML.

In XML you can come up with all the tag names that you imaging.

But I agree that something like that if you restrict yourself to a
limited number of tags with a reasonable nesting and some attributes,
it'd at least be *possible* to write a DTD.

I don't know the internals of TemplaVoila so I suggest an alternate
syntax out of the blue:

<el type="array"><menu level="1" type="array"><tx_templavoila type="array">

Buuhut..., validating is a virtue in itself, but does TemplaVoila really
need validatable XML?

Masi