[Typo3-dev] RFC: New access control options

Karsten Dambekalns k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Tue Aug 10 10:53:38 CEST 2004

Hi,

On 2004-08-09, ben van 't ende [netcreators] <ben at netcreators.nl> wrote:
> Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
>> Currently (in CVS) the "explicitDeny" goes for the content element type
>> selector but the plugin list is controlled by "explicitAllow" - but
>> should this be changed also? Yes?

I'd probably have both have the same default - might be less confusing.

> Hmmm I am getting a bit confused. explicitAlllow wouldn't be that bad an
> idea, maybe. With a "select all" (checkbox mode) you could just as easily
> set all checkboxes and after that uncheck the ones you don't want to Allow.

If such a button/checkbox would be there, this might be even better. I
just voted for explicitDeny because this is easier on upgrades.

But for a new install one can switch the default, so... explicitDeny
as default *and* a "select all" option would be great. :)

Karsten