[Typo3-dev] indexsearch - extending or rebuilding?

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2004 at typo3.com
Sun Aug 8 21:14:02 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 11:43, dan frost wrote:
> No - i think i'm going to do a rebuild from scratch. I have to get some
> very specific stuff working so i'll try to build a flexible, modular
> version of the existing one. Probably "adopt" lots of the existing code..
> dan

Great idea!

I really like the idea of indexed_search2 which will mainly feature that
someone *else* than Kasper Skaarhoj is the maintainer - hopefully a
small community of gifted coders liek Dan Frost et al.

As for indexed_search in the current state; I would like to be
conservative so only small known bugs are fixed and support for eg.
utf-8 implemented. I want it this way so there is always a reliable
fall-back search engine while "indexed_search2" is more experimental for
a while (until of course it has a development-history which makes it
very dependable etc. which in time will make indexed_search (1) obsolete
which is just fine...

Have a nice sunday, I will now visit the local video store to find some
brainless entertainment for this sunday evening...

see you tomorrow.

- kasper