[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 + php5 tests

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Sun Aug 8 13:49:21 CEST 2004

Hi developers,

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> Yes, I believe this is the only remaining issue we know of (that
> accessing positions in a variable as if it was an array is not allowed
> if the variable wasn't an array...)

There is another issue:
As of PHP5, there is a php.ini option "register_long_arrays" for
enabling/disabling the $HTTP_*_VARS arrays.
The option is suggested to set to "off" for performance reasons, but
it's "on" in the default php.ini.

Typo3 does not work if it's set to 'off'.

Since the super globals (e.g. $_GET) are available since PHP 4.1.0, I
don't think it's a problem to use them.

So for example Typo3 should consistently use things like:
   $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']

instead of
   $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']
or
   $GLOBALS['HTTP_SERVER_VARS']['SCRIPT_FILENAME']

Read more about it at [1] and [2].

I suggest Kasper does a global regexp search/replace and commits the
changed files to CVS.

cheers,
Ingmar

[1] http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.variables.predefined.php