[Typo3-dev] Labelfield from database relation

Stig N. Jepsen stig at 8620.dk
Fri Aug 6 08:28:57 CEST 2004

> I´m not sure if this is needed, but I build a small solution for
> having
> a field from a related table as a label field.
>
> That`s why I´m interessting if such a solution would be interesting
> for other people, and maybe it could be added in the core.
>
> What are you thinking?

Well, I need this badly for an extension of mine. This is something that
I have been waiting for for some time now.
I tried to do a solution myself, but the code was too complex for me to
figure out what happened.

> And don`t want to spent to much time for it, if I´m the online one
> who need it, cause the actual solution is enough for me, but not very
> nice :-)

I really hope that you will be able to get this 'fix' into the next
Typo3 release.

/Stig