[Typo3-dev] RTE request: clean tags/wordcodes

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Wed Aug 4 18:54:44 CEST 2004

Hi

Troels Kjær Rasmussen wrote:
> Hi list
>
> Several RTE projects have a more or less effective "clean code" or "paste from word" button, which hauls out those annoying FONT - tags and word codes. As far as I´m aware this is not an option in the current default RTE for typo3.
> Why not make it one? - a lot of users are non-html-wizards, who usually cut and paste from word or other textprocessors.
>
> take a look at this one - I think it´s "HTML cleanup" function works brilliantly:
>
> http://www.solmetra.com/spaw/demo/demo.php
>
> could we have such a button in default RTE? - I know we could just add SPAW as another RTE, but WE LIKE the current RTE, would just be nice with a cleanfunction like the above

we dont really need that button. ;)

You can configure the htmlparser's (entry,exit & direction to DB/RTE) to
   a great extent. no font tags survive etc. some small problems still
survive though(for example those nasty strange xml-stuff). I won't spend
any mor time on MS-RTE since I like htmlarea much better. ;)

Greet,s
Peter