[Typo3-dev] Building flexform DS for TCEFORM

Robert Böttner robert at bottoni.de
Wed Aug 4 16:26:02 CEST 2004

> Just one question: Have you already implemented the frontend part of
> what you want to do? Would be interesting....

Not yet. The backend is the first part to set up. The frontend goal is
to build a product comparator. We are running a portal with information
for professional craftsmen with this comparator as core feature. You can
see the current version here: http://www.werkzeugforum.de
The site is running under Coldfusion and the current solution has some
serious backdraws in maintaing product data. Editing takes too long.

Maybe shopping functionality comes later. It´s currently covered by each
tool manufacturer itself. We just offer a marketplace with an overview.

This just for the background.

And me, I am rather new to TYPO3 and totally new when it comes to BE
development. So things don´t proceed that quick. I have to find my way
through the architecture which is undoubtedly highclass! :-)

I´ll keep you informed on the progress. Hope to gain speed!

Have sun,
robb.