[Typo3-dev] DBAL and postgres

Karsten Dambekalns k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Sun Aug 1 15:10:16 CEST 2004

Hi Dan,

On 2004-08-01, dan frost <dan at danfrost.co.uk> wrote:
> What's the support for Postgres in the DBAL project? Is anyone
> implementing it? I've done a little testing but not much...

Yes, I implemented it first - before staring Oracle. It runs ok here,
although I have not done much systematic testing.

We have been focusing on Oracle the last weeks, but now things are
going to stabilize.

I agreed with Kasper that it would be great to have the core changes
in CVS sooner rather than later. So if everyone could test the stuff
available at
 http://preview.fishfarm.de/dbal/
I would be very happy (I know, I'm repeating myself).

Those patches will change before being finalized, but please test them
anyway, if you have the time to do so. Nothing else than a running
TYPO3 on MySQL is needed for this!

> quite like the look for postgres's XML support!

Dan, what are you referring to with this? Always curious...

Karsten