[Typo3-dev] $this->cObj->IMAGE without any html in it?

Luite van Zelst luite at aegee.org
Mon Sep 29 13:48:55 CEST 2003

> Thanks Jan. I've got it working with some very messy expressions, I
> can't help thinking that there must be a cleaner way. I looked at using
> IMG_RESOURCE in the typoscript but it doesn't seem to offer any sizing.
>
> Anyway as it all works now I'll come back and clean it up later.

it all depends on what you want to do! here is a direct approach:

require_once (PATH_t3lib . 'class.t3lib_stdgraphic.php');
//require_once (PATH_site . 'tslib/class.tslib_gifbuilder.php');

//instantiate either one, depending on if you want a gifbuilder.
$imageObj = t3lib_div::makeInstance('t3lib_stdgraphic');

// call init
$imageObj->init();

// set temp path
$stdgraphic->tempPath = PATH_site . $stdgraphic->tempPath;

// example: scale down an image:
$icon = $stdgraphic->imageMagickConvert($imgpath,NULL,NULL,
   NULL,NULL,NULL,array('maxH'=> '18', 'maxW' => '18'));

so for this direct approach you'll have to browse through
t3lib_stdgraphic or tslib_gifbuilder to see what function fit your need.

regards, Luite