[Typo3-dev] Re:Re: Installing extension whith SAFE_MODE

Stefan Book sb at stefanbook.de
Tue Sep 23 10:22:55 CEST 2003

At 11:01 23.09.2003, Cédric Moulard wrote:

>Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The
>script whose uid is 842 is not allowed to access
>/home/opt3/local/apache/htdocs/sites/i/intolerage.com/typo3conf/ext/automaketemplate
>owned by uid 2420 in
>/home/opt3/local/apache/htdocs/sites/i/intolerage.com/typo3/mod/tools/em/index.php
>on line 1677
>  Error: The directory
> '/opt3/local/apache/htdocs/sites/i/intolerage.com/typo3conf/ext/automaketemplate/pi1/'
> could not be created...

A rough guess:

It looks like the Typo3 sources are owned by uid 842 (probably your ftp- or
shell-account). Typo3 manages to create the first extension directory
(automaketemplate) which is naturally owned by your webserver uid (2420).
Then it tries to create the pi1 directory which fails because safe_mode
checks whether the data a PHP script is trying to access (i.e. the
automaketemplate-directory) is owned by the same uid which owns the script
itself. Since the Typo3 source is uid 842 and the newly created directory
is uid 2420, this check fails and access is denied.

Without having thought too long about it, I guess if you don't have root
access to that server, a solution for this problem will be difficult (if
possible at all). A manual installation might be a workaround, but someone
else would have to post about how to do that. I'm not that much into
extension management :)

--
Regards,
Stefan