[Typo3-dev] Installing extension whith SAFE_MODE

Stefan Book sb at stefanbook.de
Tue Sep 23 10:06:00 CEST 2003

At 00:49 23.09.2003, Robert Lemke wrote:

>Generally there is no reason for installing extensions manually. It should
>work in SAFE_MODE too.

Not necessarily, a couple of months ago I also had problems installing
extensions with safe_mode enabled. The problem was that the mkdir()
statements creating the extension directories specified those directories
with a trailing slash, which caused the following error:

Warning: Unable to access
/shared/www/www.xxxxxx.de-443/htdocs/typo3conf/ext/test_quikum/ in
/shared/typo3/typo3_src-3.5b5/typo3/mod/tools/em/index.php on line 1767

It seems mkdir() doesn't like trailing slashes in safe_mode (Debian 3.0,
PHP 4.1.2). I removed them by some minor changes of the source and now it
works fine for me both with safe_mode on and off. Kasper knows about this
and my guess is this problem will be gone with the next release.

Of course I don't know if this is the cause for the original poster's
problem though, might also be a permission/owner issue :)

--
Regards,
Stefan