[Typo3-dev] Re: Domains and ports

Martin Kutschker Martin.T.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon Sep 22 20:29:12 CEST 2003

Michiel van Leening yleening at saurus.nl> wrote

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 10:51, Martin Kutschker wrote:

> > The current hack isn't very clever because you *have+ to use a port,
> > but I could change it to strip only port 80 - and port 443 for SSL.
> > Can SSL be detected simply across all SSL engines and servers?
>
> If you're hacking away with SSL, please keep in mind that two SSL sites
> can never be run on the same IP. So a NameVirtualHost (apache) doesn't
> work with SSL.

Hmm, I mentioned SSL only for the sake of completness and because it uses a different "standard port".

Perhaps it is save to ignore SSL a such and just strip ports 80 and 443 from the domain without regard to the protocaol actually in use. Of course the docs/help texts for the domai records shoub be changed to reflect the slightly changed behaviour, ie. don't use ports in domain records unless it's different from 80 or 443.

Masi