[Typo3-dev] future of fe_adminLib.inc

Christian Jul Jensen christian at jul.net
Mon Sep 22 15:20:23 CEST 2003

Hi Masi

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:04:02 +0200 (METDST), Martin Kutschker
<Martin.T.Kutschker at blackbox.net> wrote:

> Has this lib any future? Personally I am more interested in a
> TCA-based FE form lib (as discussed on the list before), but time
> constraints made me hack at the lib. The main goal was to provide the
> ability to change an uploaded file. What I always added was support
> for 'external' show values for preview, meant for radio buttons.

I had the same frustrations, and that's why I created the feEdit
extension. It's not finished, and not documented, but works well for the
parts implemented, unfortunately file upload is not one of them.

The feAdmin lib has a lot of nice features, but is hard to use. So
there's a need for a new approach to that.

I already had a some initial discussions about that on this list and
what wil happen is this:

Robert Lemke and I will do an RFC on the subject some time this fall.
That will probably lead to a finishing of the feEdit or a totally new
extension combining the best of the two approaches.

> Right now it is a hack and I won't support it, but I'm willing to
> share. So if anyone is interested.

Any thoughts and feature requests for the upcoming solution will be
welcomed.

--
Christian Jul Jensen
Freelance webprogrammer