[Typo3-dev] Domains and ports

Michiel van Leening leening at saurus.nl
Mon Sep 22 12:23:47 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 10:51, Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there any particular reason why I cannot bind a page tree to a domain containig a (non-standard) port? We're currently developing on a system, which will use separate domains. But for now we don't have the DNS setup and we're using ports to simulate them.
>
> I have modified t3lib_pageSelect::getDomainStartPage(), which is btw in a file called class.t3lib_page.php, not to strip the domain from the domain. This works fine so far. Will this be enough? Is T3 prepared to deal with ports?
>
> The current hack isn't very clever because you *have+ to use a port, but I could change it to strip only port 80 - and port 443 for SSL. Can SSL be detected simply across all SSL engines and servers?

If you're hacking away with SSL, please keep in mind that two SSL sites
can never be run on the same IP. So a NameVirtualHost (apache) doesn't
work with SSL.

Just my 2c :-)

--

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Michiel van Leening
 Saurus Internet - http://www.saurus.nl/ - info at saurus.nl
     Vestesingel 8, 9408 CA - Assen, The Netherlands
    tel: +31 (0)592.461.467 - fax: +31 (0)84.86.88.007

     Michiel van Leening - Internet Application Developer
 leening at saurus.nl - gsm: +31 (0)65.57.12.693 - ICQ#51566230
      Registered with the Linux Counter. ID #39463
Who loves me will also love my dog.
		-- John Donne