[Typo3-dev] Domains and ports

Martin Kutschker Martin.T.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon Sep 22 10:51:46 CEST 2003

Hi!

Is there any particular reason why I cannot bind a page tree to a domain containig a (non-standard) port? We're currently developing on a system, which will use separate domains. But for now we don't have the DNS setup and we're using ports to simulate them.

I have modified t3lib_pageSelect::getDomainStartPage(), which is btw in a file called class.t3lib_page.php, not to strip the domain from the domain. This works fine so far. Will this be enough? Is T3 prepared to deal with ports?

The current hack isn't very clever because you *have+ to use a port, but I could change it to strip only port 80 - and port 443 for SSL. Can SSL be detected simply across all SSL engines and servers?

Masi