[Typo3-dev] Install Tool Suggestion: Disallowed Extensions

Mathias Schreiber [netfielders] ms at netfielders.de
Thu Sep 11 13:42:07 CEST 2003

Jochen Weiland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the install tool currently has an entry for "Required Extensions" that can't be unloaded.
>
> May I suggest to include an option "Disallowed Extensions" which then can't be installed?
>
> The reason: there might be extensions on TER that cause problems on specific systems (I know of one that causes problems on my server, and I don't want that admins of Typo3 sites that I host can make the server unstable)
>
> It also may happen sooner or later that someone is going to write a harmful extension on purpose and upload it to TER.
>
> Another feature would be if you could specifiy that only extensions with a given status (stable, beta, alpha, exp.) can be installed.

I thought about this.
But basically only admins have access to the ExtMgr, and admins should
know what they do.

The question is at what points you have to check for the state.
Because you will always have to opportunity to install those extensions
manually or via direct upload.
A concept could be to disallow _activating_ these extensions.

It's on my mind though...

--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html