[Typo3-dev] Again: WYSIWYG Editor

Christoph Moeller chris at byters.de
Wed Sep 10 23:36:30 CEST 2003

Peter Russ :: 4Dfx schrieb:

> till now we had no time to get into the code of the repository. So we
> can concentrate to get RTE extended.

Hi Peter,

don't know if you followed the "extending the RTE" discussion a couple
of weeks/months ago?

It's a huge load of work to incorporate another RTE component into the
core - if you want to do it right, i.e. with adaptable buttons,
styling/config of the RTE through TS and so on. I had a talk with Kasper
about this on the last tour and he gave me some insight into the current
RTE integration code. He said he's eventually going to produce an RTE
API to be able to include _any_ RTE in flexible ways. Guess that's
somewhere on his long todo list - at least he scribbled some notes on a
small piece of paper *g*

Hmmm, IMO it'd be better to wait a little more - or we'll eventually end
up with 3 incompatible and different RTE's?

Another thing: the RTE you proposed is really slow/large. Loading it
took me about 30s with a 2mbit line on a P4-1800...don't want to go
through that each time I edit an RTE page ;-)

Greets,
Chris