[Typo3-dev] How to update cms and lang with new translation

Tõnn Talpsepp ttalpsepp at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 23:07:01 CEST 2003

Hi!

I am the chief translator of Estonian.

My problem is that I would like to test my translation in my Typo3 testsite.
As described in the manual for developers I translated all the extensions in
the Backend category. In order to make corrections and improve my
translation I should test my translation in action.

As described in the developer's manual, I should go to the extension manager
to import updates from the extension repository and check the box "include
most recent translations", shouldn't I. But with system extensions 'cms' and
'lang' this doesn't work. The field after ' "Import/Update" to: ' is empty.
Of course, pressing the 'Load details' button doesn't produce anything.  For
example when trying to update Rich Text Editor, everything is fine and the
field that's empty when trying to update cms or lang contains 'Global:
typo3/ext/rte (OVERWRITE)' and new translations are included.

Is there any catch when trying to update cms and lang or is it impossible at
all? I didn't find any place else where to download pending translations, is
there? My question is how to update cms and lang with most recent
translations that are not merged into extensions yet?

I have to emphasize that the problem is only with cms and lang. And in any
case I would like to test my translations before extension owners start to
merge them into extensions.

For testing, I use the latest testsite package with Typo3 3.5.0 on Windows
XP pro running Apache 1.3.27, PHP 4.23, if that has any relavance.

I am a bit new to Typo3 and if a posted that in the wrong place, I
appologize. I hope that someone can give me advice concerning my problems.

Best regards,

Tonn Talpsepp