[Typo3-dev] Character set inquery

Martin Kutschker Martin.T.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon Sep 8 09:34:37 CEST 2003

Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 19:08:07 +0200
From: Kasper Skarhoj <kasper at typo3.com>
Cc: rl at robertlemke.de

> However Robert Lemke reports that the charset set by the browser in the
> this setting - although the meta-tag should have priority, if found.
>
> Personally I have never seen the charset defined in the browser fail.
> But Robert seems to experience this.
>
> Does any of you have some valuable insights here?

I've seen the described behaviour. If I recall it correctly it was on IE6.x on Win 2000. I don't remember which version if IE exactly and it may habe been Win XP.

Bt yes, the HTTP-header definitly took precedence of the META-tag. We resorted to the same resolution as Robert.

And we also used the accept-charset on FORM-tags. Though I don't think that it really makes a difference. OTOH, it doesn't hurt to set it.

Masi