[Typo3-dev] $GLOBALS["TSFE"]->set_no_cache() vs USER_INT

Bart van Doveren webmaster at _remove_afsvlaanderen.be
Sat Sep 6 21:44:22 CEST 2003

"Dominic Brander" <typo3_db at snowflake.ch> wrote in message
news:mailman.1062863282.25822.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> hi all
> I've had many problems wi
th caching/no caching. almost all plugins I
> used did clear the cache with $GLOBALS["TSFE"]->set_no_cache() -
> therefore most of my pages where not indexed at all.
> to call a function I have the possibility to call it with USER or
> USER_INT. what is the the $GLOBALS["TSFE"]->set_no_cache() used for?
> As far as I have seen yet I can skip the GLOBALS["TSFE"]->set_no_cache()
> if I call my functions with the USER_INT. is this true?
>
> can someone explain me, when to use $GLOBALS["TSFE"]->set_no_cache() and
> when USER_INT?

I think the USER_INT is depreciated since the introduction of extensions.
Extensions set the no_cache option themselves in stead of relying on the
USER_INT object.  That way the extension developper can predefine if the
extensions should not be cached.
I guess this is the reason why both exist, but I can be wrong...
Bart