[Typo3-dev] Bug in class.gzip_encode

Simon Child simondt at gpuk.net
Sat Sep 6 00:53:57 CEST 2003

"Peter Russ :: 4Dfx" <peter.russ at 4dfx.de> wrote in message
news:mailman.1062756856.11732.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

> Test it on your system. And see what happens.

Test true: Value of var is 1 -> it's Boolean and true
Test false: Value of var is -> it's Boolean and false
Test 0: Value of var is 0 -> it seems to be false
Test 1: Value of var is 1 -> it seems to be true
Test 3: Value of var is 3 -> it seems to be true
Test "true": Value of var is true -> it seems to be true

Hmm. And yet, on my system, if I set FE compressionLevel to various settings
leknor.com reports sizes as below:

With double =
FE compressionLevel    Content-Length
true                    2347
0                        7703 (not-gzipped)
7                        2346
9                        2346

With triple =
FE compressionLevel    Content-Length
true                    7729
0                        7703 (not-gzipped)
7                        2346

[server load is low, load average: 0.04, 0.11, 0.05, the site is not yet
published and so there is only me using the server]

It appears to me that with triple = a setting of 'true' is not giving the
desired result, but with double = it works well...

--
Simon Child