[Typo3-dev] New Extension: to be released or not

Dennis Petersen fessor at software.dk
Fri Sep 5 00:45:31 CEST 2003

I agree.. it would be lovely to use, however I agree with Andreas that as a
public domain easily accessible extension it will in the media pose as a
potential security risk... not a good reputation...

But then again.. dan has a good side note.. (p.s. perhaps having a special
user/user-group in *nix - e.g. T3Users, who can only do certain things..?)
and this would mean that the sysadmin actively would have to configure the
*nix box in order to make the extension work on an installation... this
would mean more power to the sysadmin which does not make such an extension
a reason for a hosting company to not wanting to support Typo3 ;)

So if somehow it is possible to go with the idea from dan I would say go for
it... cause then it is more useful than harmful...

That's my 2 cents...

Dennis Petersen (fessorman)

"Jens Ellerbrock" <je at hades.org> wrote in message
news:mailman.1062674042.8530.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
Hi dan
I also think that this tool will be quite useful. Right now i'm=
 using phpshell (http://www.gimpster.com/wiki/PhpShell) for this=
 but having it as a backend module sounds nice.
Maybe you can only allow users with admin privilege to use it.

- Jens Ellerbrock (jense)

This thread is located in the archive at this URL:
http://typo3.org/1427+M5d9b52a5659.0.html