[Typo3-dev] Bug in class.gzip_encode

Simon Child simondt at gpuk.net
Wed Sep 3 22:44:04 CEST 2003

class.gzip_encode  contains the following section:

from line 168:
        if ($level === true) {
            $level = $this->get_complevel();
        }
        $this->level = $level;

        $contents = ob_get_contents();
        if ($contents === false) return;

(The code on leknor.com is the same.)

But is that triple equals sign valid syntax??

(with spaces to emphasise it, it says $level = = = true, and $contents = = =
true)

If I leave in the triple equals and set compression level to 'true' then
there is no compression.

If I remove one of the equals and set compression level to 'true' then the
compression (tested by http://leknor.com/code/gziped.php ) is good.

Is that = = = a typo, or does it have some meaning that I don't understand?

--
Simon Child