[Typo3-dev] divide ext code in several classes

Rene Ott rene.ott at ososoft.de
Fri Oct 31 21:47:32 CET 2003

Hello @all,

We are at the moment developing a quite big extension. Since the code is
too much too handle this in one class we have to divide it in several.
Now the problem:

In another class that is (like the standard pi1 class generated by the
kickstarter) also inherited from tslib_pibase I cannot access for
example cObj or the locallang file. In the standard pi1 class this all
works without problems.

A solution is to inherit all the other classes from the standard pi1
class but I want to have my classes as clean as possible.

What to do ? Does the kickstarter some special preparations before it
start the standard pi1 class ?

In other extensions all the code is in the standard pi1 class, even of
ttboard which has 5000 lines...

Greetings,
René Ott