[Typo3-dev] Re: The future of typo3

Patrick Gaumond patrick.gaumond at fsa.ulaval.ca
Mon Oct 27 16:23:49 CET 2003

"Didier Geheniau" :
> Re-think the concept of authentication and authorization.

> A user is one person, this person can access the front-end and the
> back-end. By login in with a user account he is authenticated as the
> right person.

> Groupmemberships give him the authorization to do things. It doesn't
> matter if you split the backend and the frond end. You can always define
> backend groups with backend rights and frond end groups with front-end
> rights.

I just can agree with Didier on that one.

One of the big thread right now (at least in North America...) is Single Sign-On (SSO).

People can't remember more than 5 passwords so they write them on post-it everywhere or use the same for email, bank account and so on. You can't blame them. Education is a nice approach...in your dream.

Even for typo3.org I have dual account and it feel awkward.

For me double identity can't be a good thing.

If TYPO3 try to become a Learning Management System (LMS) with all those students that help a teacher build his content and are also FE users for other courses it will be double-identity partytime...

My 0.1 Euro

Patrick