[Typo3-dev] The future of typo3

Klaus Muth monty.news at gmx.de
Mon Oct 27 13:58:29 CET 2003

Michael Zedeler wrote:

> My descision is that typo3 is not really worth using due to several,
> critical design flaws. I hav had much more trouble than I "bargained" for
> when I started my evaluation project, and I have narrowed down the scope
> where typo3 is useful quite a lot. Since typo3 is Open Source, I would
> like to share with you why I have come to this conclusion. Maybe it will
> result in a product more useful some time.

Sorry to disagree, but typo 3 was and is exactly what I needed for my
employer's website and the we/they paradigm is exactly what I need: It's a
requirement for real-world website.

The documentation is excellent and the code should be simple to read after
two months of evaluation. (Ok, besides the fact, that Kasper and I don't
seem to agree on coding style. I hate those extremely long lines, Kasper
seems to hate statements broken down in several lines. *sigh*).

In the last weeks porting my employer's site, I often burst out into
laughter, since writing extensions to do exactly what I need is
ridiculously simple.

So, if anyone needs my advice: Just don't waste time on paradigms.
I need usability and flexibility and found it in typo3. Thanks!

klaus