[Typo3-dev] Re: The future of typo3

"Kasper Skårhøj" kasper at typo3.com
Sun Oct 26 09:15:10 CET 2003

Hi Michael

>> Oh, thats very nice. I just LOVE it!
>
>Very funny :) And a nice way to avoid responding to the suggestion above.

Yes, I'm not answering your question because it will lead to absolutely nothing.
The single greatest mistake of your otherwise detailed and good suggestions is that they don't come along with your available hands to actually carry it out OR otherwise direct how we could find time or money to do it. You didn't even care to direct your suggestions to the right teams/projects but rather chose (our of convenience?) to blurt it all out in a single mail.
Since you are busy making money and running companies (see other mail) you might have funds to sponsor something.
Are you willing to do so?

As a general rule of thumb: Any suggestion about "what" to do with no "how" coming along just becomes noise on the list effectively stealing our precious time from development.

>I'd be happy to discuss pros and cons of code/layout separation.

I wouldn't. Because who is going to do something about it? Are you? See above.

>I know that game all too well. I have no part in the responsibility that
>you mention, so I am just ranting on about how nice it could be if we had
>90348290843 years to improve the system :-)

Just underpins my point about - where does this lead us? Steals time.

>I know. But this discussion is important to me, because I get an insight
>into what I would be investing in, if I did. An insight that I am very
>happy to have now.

That was a clever trick to get free consultancy.

General appeal:

This is the end of discussion for me. I have spend a few hours now on Michaels mails all in all. Time that should have been invested in TYPO3s already long todo list.
I hope that everyone of you will consider the same - please only spend time on useful discussions which will lead somewhere. If you think that michaels does, just keep it going. He IS willing to share thoughts as you can see. Otherwise, my greatest wish would be that you stop wasting time on reading/writing irrelevant emails and sign up as a project leader or member and get some actual work done. After all that is what drives Open Source.

- kasper
Check www.typo3.com