[Typo3-dev] Extend existing Tables: only for 1 content type ?

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Thu Oct 16 13:07:47 CEST 2003

Tim D'Hooge wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have extended the existing table "tt_content" to add a field "keywords" so
> i could set them for new extension, just as shown in the video. This however
> resulted in the "keywords" field to show up in _every_ content element i add
> to a page and not only for my own plugin.
>
> The question now is: can i make it so that it only shows that field for the
> plugin i want to ?

look at the file ext_tables.php

I guess there is a line like that:
t3lib_extMgm::addToAllTCAtypes("tt_content","tx_someext_somefield;;;;1-1-1");

just remove that line, and insert the following line after loasing the
tt_content TCA with "t3lib_div::loadTCA("tt_content");":

$TCA["tt_content"]["types"]["list"]["subtypes_addlist"][$_EXTKEY."_pi1"]="tx_someext_somefield;;;;1-1-1";

It would've been like that anyway if you had set the option "Apply a set
of extended fields" in the frontend plugin section of the Kickstarter.

- Ingmar