[Typo3-dev] Is anybody working on a project to store files inside the typo3 database?

Kevin Fredrick fredrikr at ipfw.edu
Sat Oct 11 23:06:56 CEST 2003

On MySQL servers we us the basic client/slave replication system. We
also use a custom database abstraction class for PHP. The class has
complement functions for MySQL and Oracle databases. The class handles
load balancing and implementation differences in the databases.

*** Not a plug for the software vender ***
We will be switching to Emic Application Cluster for MySQL
(http://www.emicnetworks.com/) as a replacement for the load balancing.
We currently use the Emic Application Cluster for Apache for our Web
server farm and it works very well.