[Typo3-dev] overwrite language labels

Christian Kuhn ckuhn at online.de
Thu Oct 9 20:07:04 CEST 2003

Hi list!

I've released an extension (ck_fortune) some days ago.
I'm dreaming of another feature, but have no idea on how to realize it
..

I use the usual BE-masks to insert content into the database table.
The labels for the fields are stored as usual in my locallang.php.
If I overwrite them, the labels in the BE-mask would change, because the
values are inserted in the globally defined $TCA (at least a reference
to the file, where to find the label)

I would like to be able to change the field-labels only for specific
pages (!) (and subpages) in my page-tree. It would then be much more
simple to reuse an extension for several cases in one site, where the
same functionality is needed, but the be-field-labels are different.

Best of all would be, if I could set new labels through TS for a
specific page eg. like this:
tx_ckfortune_fortune.columns.text.label.dk = new-danish-label-text

I wonder if nobody had a similar idea before. Is there a chance to
realize this? What would have do be done?

Greetings,
Christian