[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 3.6.0-dev for download

"Kasper Skårhøj" kasper at typo3.com
Wed Oct 1 11:27:22 CEST 2003

Hi Folks.

http://typo3.org/index.php?id=1331

I have decided upon some discussion with a few people that we will change the stategy of TYPO3 releases.

The background is that pursuing perfection for each release, having all features finished, complete etc is really unrealistic, it means looong spans between releases and a lot of pressure on me/developers. Therefore the strategy now is this for the core of TYPO3:

- Developer versions will continually be available for the developer list. This means that developers can 1) help to test the latests code for stability and 2) suggest changes based ON the latest source instead of old source (makes including new suggestions/bugfixes easier).
- Each 2nd month we will raise the developer version to production provided that it has had a stable period of 2 weeks internally at developers. Obviously that kind of stability check requires that all of you also commit yourself to using the latest dev-versions in real life and of course that I commit myself to fix serious problems right away.

I hope this model will work. Now we try it and hope it will prove effective, inviting and more dynamic as well in the procees of driving TYPO3 ahead as a community project more and more.
But of course, this strategy is subject to change...

- kasper
Check www.typo3.com