[Typo3-dev] Looking for Parser Crew (Project CHM)

Mathias Schreibe [K1net] ms at netfielders.de
Wed Nov 26 20:21:17 CET 2003

Hi guys,

I am looking for a crew of people who might want to help out on a project I
recently started (actually half an hour ago ;-))

I dived a little into CHM help files and found them to be an helpful
addition.
currently I am not too happy with typo3.org's search functions.
That (and because a customer paid for it) I did a CHM file for an extension
I wrote.
Learning a little on CHM files they basically consist out of 3 configuration
files plus the help pages themselves.

- the project file (holding information on which files to include, whether
to use searching or not and so on)
- the TOC (table of contents file)
- the index (neat little feature which would make sense)

all these files are basically plain text HTML as well.

Now on to my idea:
I dived a little into the XML of OO documents but found it quite hard to
understand.
Now if we could use some code of the OO parser and modify it so that I get
single, logically named HTML files I could build the TOC and Index files
(useful for the glosary as well) we could deviler any OO document as CHM as
well.

I will post a first preview of TSRef (without much index) tomorrow I guess.

suggestions?
mathias