[Typo3-dev] XML/OpenOffice/Office 2003 comp RTE

Robert Lemke rl at robertlemke.de
Sun Nov 16 12:43:02 CET 2003

Hi folks,

Thomas Bley wrote me a private email asking why we try to conceil
TYPO3's security issues. That's not our intention and I wasn't aware of
any conceilment regarding injection of malicious code into the RTE.

However I'd like to add a warning to my previous post: I don't know of
any way of inserting malicious code into the RTE *if it is configured
correctly*. That is, you have to make up a restrictive configuration of
the RTE transform proces which is well described in the RTE manual.

Still, if you allow anyone inserting HTML code containing JavaScript,
there is a certain risk. We mentioned that on the small article you find
at typo3.org's intro page dealing with a security issue which was also
discovered by Thomas Bley.

--
robert

"They placed me on this earth without a manual.
 And i dare to say, i’m doing just fine without ;)"