[Typo3-dev] image processing and Typo3

Martin Kutschker martin.t.kutschker at blackbox.net
Sun Nov 9 19:32:03 CET 2003

Hi Michael!

I meant an API for a "image processing plug-in", not a general API. So no complexity added for a plug-in developer or even the core developers when it comes to image processing.

The API approach has its implementations in a special subdir (just like with other extensions) and Typo3 has a way to load one of them. The (base) image class and the pluig code interact in a defined way

The interface approach just has just defined set of methods that must be implemented, perhaps even the name of the class is fixed.

The reason for this is that Typo3 can easily (more or less) support PHP 4.x with ImageMagick binaries and something else for PHP 5.x (I have outlined the upcoming choices).

Masi