[Typo3-dev] Virus scanning & Removal

D.Lemckert2 at MINDEF.nl D.Lemckert2 at MINDEF.nl
Tue Nov 4 09:20:12 CET 2003

Hi,

I'm installing and configuring a Typo3 system at the moment, and the
following question came to mind:

Has someone thought about implementing some form of Virus-checking in the
upload-routines?
I'm building a CMS-system at the moment, which will support a game-community
and one of it's functions will be the central repository of hints,
walkthroughs etc etc.
Most of these files will be written in DOC format, but I presume sometime in
the future even the support of executables or .zipped files will come around
the corner.

I know that protection against vulnerabilities is primarilly the
responsibility of the user, but I'd like to be able to reassure the users,
that the central system takes virii et al seriously and tries to attack
them.
I'm thinking of acquiring Kaspersky Anti Virus for this and link it to Typo
somewhere in the source.. (the upload function in
t3lib/class.t3lib_extfilefunc.php seems a likely candidate)

Has someone done this already? Will he/she help me to do the same?

Some hints will be greatly appreciated, because it helps me on my way
quickly without having to re-invent the wheel.

with regards
> Met vriendelijke groet,
>
> UWS Rijswijk
> Dennis Lemckert
>
> Telefoon:	070-4146000
> MDTN:		*06-546-46000
> Fax:		070-4146002
> E-mail:		Lemckert, D. DTO/SLWPD/LAN2000
> E-mail:		d.lemckert2 at mindef.nl
>
> Bezoekersadres:
> Wingsgebouw, 5e etage
> Laan van Oversteen 20
> 2289 CX  Rijswijk
>
> Voor parkeren bij het Winggebouw gaarne
> uw naam + kenteken registreren bij bovengenoemde of bij:
> Manuela Burhenne, Officemanager,
> Telefoonnummer 070-4146010
> Voor voldoende beschikbaarheid van de parkeerplaatsen raden
> wij u aan ruim (uiterlijk 1 dag) vantevoren  te reserveren.

 <<...OLE_Obj...>>