[Typo3-dev] Structural Ideas

Dennis Petersen fessor at software.dk
Mon Jun 30 23:04:09 CEST 2003

> Well, do you have some money to sponsor this kind of development?
> I would put in some, if one trusted dev from the community would make a
> suggestion.
No - not at the moment... but I do have ME. The problem is though that I
would need someone to help out when I run into some of the problems with PHP
(since I am still fairly new to it), however I fully understand what is
needed to read from TCA - and I am a fair Java Programmer, but at the moment
I am using 50% of the time learning PHP, 30% of the time learning how TYPO3
was meant to do things and reuse as much as possible and the last 20% on
programming (that all next to my job, my billiards, my girlfriend, my
family, my friends etc etc...).
But all in all I think that when I begin understanding the REAL mechanisms
of TYPO3/TypoScript/Execution orders in the class hierarchy as well as the
workings of PHP (much is offered I can tell), then I would progress much
faster with a more generic approach to extensions (right now I am hardcoding
stuff to meet a deadline for the billiards club - which is a finishing part
of my recently (hopefully graduated) "procurement of a userfriendly CMS"
bachelor project).

Sincerely,
Dennis Petersen