[Typo3-dev] Structural Ideas

Dennis Petersen fessor at software.dk
Mon Jun 30 22:42:40 CEST 2003

>Anyone else in need of something like this? I am not sure, but did Carsten
>Rose not start making something of this sort as well?
I would LOVE an expansion of the feEdit API, since it could be used as a
general "form builder" using the TCA as the driver (instead of recoding all
the entities again in the front-end code when all the fields can be defined
in TCA and reused).
I tried looking into the feEdit API, but since PHP is not my main
programming language I have some difficulties integrating it into my code -
and the documentation is unfortunately non-existing and looking into
julle_external_links does not seem to help me.
I also had a look at the TS in the Photo Marathon plugin - but again I did
not understand the mechanisms that actually generates and validates the
input fields and asking in the forums did not result in any replies... so
back to square 1.
So YES... Anyone else (me) would also appreciate some maturity of the API.

Sincerely,
Dennis Petersen (fessorman)