[Typo3-dev] Hosting of videos

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Mon Jun 30 13:47:14 CEST 2003

Hi Kasper,

> THere are some videos for download on the typo3.org frontpage and more
> will come. Does anyone have the ability to offer pure download of these
> files. In the end we will be talking about 2GB space needed.

Space wouldn't be a problem. But the traffic will be much highter. I have no
chance to host such a big amount (at least for the moment). Sorry.

However, as Didier already mentioned, I also thought about using some
filesharing tools like eMule / xMule (= eDonkey network). All we needed for
this would be a few hosts that help to mirror the files in the beginning.
>From this moment on _every_ host could (while downloading) act as a server
for already downloaded parts himself.

This could be at least an alternative. Would anybody help with that?

I don't know, but maybe it would be good to repost this message on the main
list since I'm not sure how many people are reading this list.

Regards - michael