[Typo3-dev] TS inconsistencies...

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 18:39:23 CEST 2003

Ok - TS isn't a language, in the programming sense. That's not really
the point.

I have read the what-is-typoscript - "TypoScrip is only an API which is
often used to configure underlying PHP code." Based on this, and other
API's I've used (not only in PHP), TypoScript is still inconsistent.

I am willing to supply examples, but that's not really the point. The
point is that TypoScript, as an API, should be consistent and become
intuitive after very little time. I think that making TS more organised
would give more weight to "TypoScript was designed to be simple to use
and understand" - from what-is-typoscript, again.

Please don't take this as hostility against Typo3/Script or any of the
ideas behind it. My only reason for making these points is that, based
on personal experience, the "features" that don't make sense can make
doing things in Typo3 more hastle than they're worth.

Do you agree that, if TypoScript was in some way more organised,
TypoScript (and Typo3) would be easier to pick-up?

dan