[Typo3-dev] MS-Word to OO conversion

4Dfx peter.russ at 4dfx.de
Wed Jul 23 15:00:31 CEST 2003

Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] schrieb:
> Hi folks
>
> Picture this:
>
> 1. Upload MS-Office files to server directory
> 2. scripts autoconverts to Open Office formats
> 3. TYPO3 Open Office Parser displays documents like on typo3.org
>
> I checked through the OO-API and OO-Makro possibilities which is all a mine
> field.
>
> But here is something which looks promising:
>
> http://oooconv.free.fr/engine/HowToConv.php
>
> What do you think? Anyone interested in joining us to find a solution?
>
> Cheers

On the Sever OO can be handled by JAVA or C+. We prefer JAVA.
OO will run as a server on port 8100.
In Java (similar in C)the steps will be:

1) get the connection to the OO-Server
2) open the document
3) save the document in OO Format (or any other available)

At the moment we have a JAVA standalone application that opens Word or
any other document in OO. If there is any interest (i.e. sponsoring) we
could transfer that to a server based version.

Regs. Peter.

www.ebconclub.net