[Typo3-dev] ftp2database server

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [netfielders] jh at netfielders.de
Wed Jul 23 12:02:25 CEST 2003

I tell you what I think: That's what I had in mind, but your words fit
better :-)

One step further: You could use FTP/WebDAV as well for other users which
only have access to certain "documents". This way, they could:
    A: Edit content in a pagetree via OO/Word
    B: Edit category-like structures, add documents etc...
And I still think if WebDAV does the versioning stuff, it would be a great
tool...

jh

"René Fritz" <r.fritz at colorcube.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1058952482.8764.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

> having ftp/webDAV as interface to content displayed in Typo3. As far as I

BTW:
I checked the possibility to make a ftp2database server, which will be
possible without too much work. The server will be in PHP to make it easy to
use Typo's code.

That means you can use any ftp tool to edit database entries. This is of
course a bit you-have-to-know-what-you-will-do.

You can browse through the db by pages which are shown as folder. Any record
is a file.

That way you can edit templates in a real editor or update content by an
automatic process.

What do you think?

Any sponsors :-)

René