[Typo3-dev] TS-Editor: For anyone interested in supporting the "Syntax-highlighting editor for TypoScript" aproach

Robert Lemke rl at robertlemke.de
Fri Jul 11 14:14:16 CEST 2003

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [netfielders] wrote:

> If you are able to support the "Syntax-highlighting editor for
> TypoScript" in any way you should consider to
> subscribe the the dev list or newsgroup. Please say something that
> you are A: interested, and B: subscribed.

You are working on a syntax-highlighting editor inside T3?

At my current project I try work with TS templates as external
files and edit them with UltraEdit. I created a wordfile for UE
so syntax highlighting etc. is supported.

I'm not sure yet though if using an external editor really is the
way to go. On the other hand I really like UltraEdit and its
editing features.

My vision for editing templates is having some interface between
the MySQL db and UltraEdit which supports updates in both
directions. Doing it that way you could also use the template object
browser for setting values, that's not possible the way I work right
now.

Anyways, I think TYPO3 should support both, syntax highlighting
for the internal editor as well as being able to work with external
editors.

What do you think?
--
robert