[Typo3-dev] feEdit API (structural ideas)

Dennis Petersen fessor at software.dk
Sun Jul 6 16:11:48 CEST 2003

> I think it will be fairly easy to write an extension that offers a
> plugin which renders the edit-form, from any choosen table, using feEdit
> API. That will as far as I understand DH, come pretty close to some of
> the functionality he suggests.
Hi Christian!
Does that mean that the extension will only render a form from a selected
table?
I am trying to make a billiards tournament plugin and this involves a more
complex DB structure with relations between several tables, so my needs
would be to actually to provide table names and fields that I wish to render
as paramters to the API (layout is in a template).
So this is really not available in feEdit? No wonder I did not figure it out
;)

> Again I'd love to make that extension, bit I can say when I'll the time.
Well... it seems that the lovely Doxygen reference kicked me way forward in
the development, so I am finally beginning to understand how it all works
(http://www.ueckermann.de/typo3doku/).
So if you would not mind taking the time to describe how the feEdit is
usually integrated into an extension I would not mind having a look at it.
Do you have an extension which actually imports the feEdit and uses it...
not as containing the source code within the extension from a copy paste?
Sincerely,
Dennis Petersen (fessorman)