[Typo3-dev] Defining rights to access the extension manager...

Daniel Hinderink [TYPO3] daniel at typo3.com
Tue Jul 1 14:51:03 CEST 2003

> Why would he be the only one able to do so ??

Take a closer look at how the user setup works. Fx the content objects are
defined in a way so that they cannot be used for the exclude lists.

Beyond that the complete backend menu would have to be made configurable,
both regarding order and acces, may be even headers.

For your example the template-system would have to be part of the exclude
lists as well.

> I would be willing to write that code ( unless I see it is too
> difficult), and sumit both the code and a diff of the code to
> show what I did...
>
> I have a sponsor, and will also sponsor with free time, and it
> cannot wait for the next few months.

Hey, just do it. I had the feeling this is too complicated, but I don't want
to keep you from trying your hand at it!

May be check with René, he already did some tuning in this respect for the
DAM. He is on holiday until next Monday though.

Cheers

Daniel