[Typo3-dev] Structural Ideas

Markus Lange markus.lange at bgm-gmbh.de
Tue Jul 1 11:52:53 CEST 2003

Dennis Petersen sagte:
>>Anyone else in need of something like this? I am not sure, but did
> I would LOVE an expansion of the feEdit API, since it could be used as a
> general "form builder" using the TCA as the driver (instead of recoding
> all the entities again in the front-end code when all the fields can be
> defined in TCA and reused).
> I tried looking into the feEdit API, but since PHP is not my main
> programming language I have some difficulties integrating it into my
> code - and the documentation is unfortunately non-existing and looking
> into julle_external_links does not seem to help me.
> I also had a look at the TS in the Photo Marathon plugin - but again I
> did not understand the mechanisms that actually generates and validates
> the input fields and asking in the forums did not result in any
> replies... so back to square 1.
> So YES... Anyone else (me) would also appreciate some maturity of the
> API.

Hi Dennis,

i tried to intergrate julle_compnydirectory and it worked like a charm
(many thanks to Christian!) except the Fe-edit Api has no possibility to
upload pics and some js errors. So i skipped that part and used
the fe_admin_Lib.
i think the startingpoint should be fe_admin_lib for creating automatic
forms because its quite easy to use if you get the idea about it.
fe_admin_lib just needs a html-template with proper named form fields
and some config via ts
there should be a way to skip the template and to create it via
fe_admin_lib with ts-config only

i ll investigate

greetings markus

--