[Typo3-dev] Removal of t3lib/ redundancy?

"Kasper Skεrhψj" kasper at typo3.com
Mon Dec 22 14:52:56 CET 2003

I'm positive. However I believe we mostly have to take practical considerations; Extensions like RTe used by all should probably stay for convenience. But all other could be weeded out. I suggest that at some point before the 3.6.1 launch of TYPO3 we should make a poll where people can vote for which extensions to stay.

Generally, my opinion is that all "obsolete" extensions should go. But we keep "rte", "context_help", "extra_cm_options" etc...

God bless

- kasper

On 22-12-2003 at 11:14 Robert Lemke wrote:

>On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 11:02, =?us-ascii?Q?=22Kasper_Sk=E5rh=F8j=22?=
>wrote:
>
>> Further, my argument is counter to my own statement that the typo3/ dir
>must be known
>> to the frontend so it can find global/system extensions - including
>resources here which
>> might as well reveal the admin dir.
>
>... which brings me to another topic I asked you already. How important
>is the concept of global extensions? Now that almost all global
>extensions also work in the local scope, I'd prefer to provide a
>local-extension-only installation for my customers.
>
>That would separate the core even more from the user data and extensions
>and it would make the whole TYPO3 core files read-only (I'm glad that
>the core's temp dir was replaced by typo3temp now ...).
>
>--
>robert
>
>"They placed me on this earth without a manual.
> And i dare to say, i’m doing just fine without ;)"

God bless

- kasper
- kasper

New address! (Nov. 2003)