[Typo3-dev] Hiding form elements under context menus?

Michiel van Leening leening at saurus.nl
Sun Dec 21 16:30:31 CET 2003

Hi,

To my knowledge only selects bleed through divs, so doing a recursive
search for all selects on all forms on the page should provide you with
a working, yet crude, way to solve it.

More advanced scripts would determine where the form elements actually
are and only hide those that are in the way, but my guess is that such
functionality would be pretty hard to implement in a cross-browser
manner.

<script>
for (i=0;i<document.forms.length;i++) {
	for (j=0;j<document.forms[i].elements.length;j++) {
		if(document.forms[i].elements[i].type=='select-one') {
			document.forms[i].elements[i].style.visibility='hidden'
		}
	}
}
</script>}

On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 14:54, "Kasper Skårhøj" wrote:
> Hi FOlks.
>
> I remember faintly that someone once asked me to include a script in the TYPO3 backend which would hide/show all form elements when a context menu was activated. I'm not able to find this mail anymore and if anyone can help me with some DHTML which can do the trick (or otherwise advise how to avoid that form elements strike through layers over them!), I'll most likely implement it.
>
> Thanks.
> - kasper
>
> ------------------ 0 --------------------
> New address! (Nov. 2003)
>
> Kasper Skaarhoj
> Tryggevaeldevej 8
> DK-2720 Vanlose
> Denmark

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Michiel van Leening
 Saurus Internet - http://www.saurus.nl/ - info at saurus.nl
     Vestesingel 8, 9408 CA - Assen, The Netherlands
    tel: +31 (0)592.461.467 - fax: +31 (0)84.86.88.007

     Michiel van Leening - Internet Application Developer
 leening at saurus.nl - gsm: +31 (0)65.57.12.693 - ICQ#51566230
      Registered with the Linux Counter. ID #39463
I have discovered that all human evil comes from this, man's being unable
to sit still in a room.
		-- Blaise Pascal